When shopping around for e-liquid you may have come across something called shortfills but are not sure what it entails exactly.
What exactly are shortfills?
Essentially shortfill e-liquids are large bottles of nicotine-free e-liquid that have some allowance in the bottle intentionally left for adding your own nicotine shots. Our SmokNic Nicotine Shots allow you to turn any no-nicotine shortfill liquids into nicotine liquids. One 10ml shot will turn a 50ml shortfill into 60ml 3mg liquid.
So, short fill e-liquids, or short-fills in short:
- Come in a larger bottle than normal (the regular e-liquid bottle in the UK is 10ml)
- Do not contain any nicotine (they are 0mg e-liquids, aka nicotine-free)
How to mix a shortfill e-liquid:
Ensure you are adding your chosen Nic Shot to a 0mg, non-nicotine based e-liquid. Ensure to check the guidelines below to determine how many Nic shots you will need to add to reach your desired strength.
- Remove the cap and nib from your chosen non-nicotine based shortfill. A pair of non-slip gloves and/or a small tool lever the nib off will help with this.
- Remove the cap and tamper seal from the nicotine shot. Slowly squeeze the contents of your bottle into your non-nicotine based shortfill, being careful to ensure no spillages occur. Wash hands and surfaces thoroughly with warm water if any spillages do occur.
- Once the nicotine shot has been fully decanted into your non-nicotine shortfill, replace the nib, removing any temporary silicone seals that were present, ensuring that it makes a solid seal.
- Replace cap, and hand shake the bottle thoroughly for five to ten minutes to ensure the full mixture of both your shortfill and nicotine strength.